It’s all gone. The Facebook account Brock Sutton Allen (Kabeia Rineaki) that I made in middle school has vanished. And while I have received blocks and warnings in the past, this recent strike came out of nowhere as I had shifted most of my sh*tposting to Twitter. To the best of my recollection I can count on one hand the times when my account was notified of legal or community guideline issues on Facebook:
- When I was asked to admin a conservative page, which I never posted to. I’d tell you the name but that’s how neglectful my involvement was, I have forgotten it. When that page and the creator were deleted I was somehow guilty by association and received a notification that I wouldn't be able to post for a couple of days. I considered this a fluke and simply carried on. If Facebook is capable of deleting one’s entire existence it seems reasonable to assume they can properly trace who is to blame for what.
- When I posted a video of a star projector I had in my room and I was playing music from the Passengers soundtrack. The audio was flagged, muted, and I was notified. Technically justifiable, but a bit hamfisted. If it’s not being monetized background music probably shouldn’t pose a threat to any IP holders. But no ban, just the warning.
- When I jokingly called other minorities “darkies” on the page “The Antagon” that I created with libertarian and conservative minorities. The post was mocking an article bemoaning the recent spike in [censored disease] cases with people of color, when just prior to that footage had been released of that same demographic partying, packed elbow to elbow without masks. This came as a retroactive action as the post was months old and I got a 3 day ban, which I submitted for manual review.
- Posting Kyle Rittenhouse memes on Facebook's first Otoya Yamaguchi page (which I also created and was the singular admin for. All them having been gleaned from Facebook. This was considered such a threat to Facebook that not only was I banned from posting for a week but my usage of Facebook Messenger was blocked.
Taken individually or even all together I contend --then and now-- that none of these things should constitute deplatforming. I would do it all again and defend it the same way. When I’m using social media, I’m a bit of a power user. I was starting to move on to 3K Friends. But all those connections, posts, and community contributions are gone.
Additionally deleted are all the Groups, Pages, and Collections dedicated to
- My homeland of Kiribati
- Pacific Geopolitics
- Tech News
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Artificial Intelligence
- Chinese Imperialism
- Conservative Interests
- Libertarians Interests
- Big Tech’s Growing Influence
- The Journo-Academic Complex
- And a slew of pop-culture topics
But while I am fairly sad at the loss of all these resources I am honestly more angry. Even now I feel mocked as Facebook kindly recommends the same people I was friends with on my old profile. Feel free to add my new profile and follow me on all other platforms which can be found at linktr.ee/tyltk. I’ll be adding more and more as time goes on. I refuse to be silenced.
Update: it appears that I was part of a larger purge https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158582585787726&id=5978057725